A developing community project, please support
Crackington Village Shop
Crackington Village Shop will provide for the core needs of the community.
It will run as a not-for-profit, efficient, sustainable operation, seeking to enhance community spirit and to serve all residents and visitors. Any profits will be used to benefit the village.
What stage is the project at?
Planning & Preparation...
- The Crackington Institute has agreed in principle that the shop can be sited on its grounds.
- A survey established a strong majority in favour of establishing a community shop and collated information on what people want it to carry.
- Supported by the Plunkett Foundation, the shop has incorporated as a Community Benefit Society.
- The shop will, at least initially, be housed in a timber-clad portacabin to rear of the Institute, sited on the lawn bank.
- The committee is raising money, both through community events and through grant applications.
- On 20th November 2020, the shop was granted planning permission by Cornwall Council!
- Village residents and supporters can now buy shares in the store, with a minimum cost of £30.
- This takes place initially via a ‘Pledge Offer’ process, open until December 15th
- No money changes hands at this stage, until the Share Offer process follows in early 2021
- Please click on on the Pledge Offer link in the website main navigation to make your pledge now!
Three key cornerstones of the proposed shop